Sunday, October 07, 2007

Samuel Peter vs. Jameel McCline

McCline knocked Peter down 3 times so the fight wasn't completely boring? After the 4th round, the fight started to get a little monotonous. I do not want to watch this fight again.

My questions about the fight:
  1. Why does McCline punch-grunt (my new word for the day)? Grunting while punching is just simply annoying. What makes it annoying is that I expect an enormous amount of power to be exhibited. However; McCline didn't really seem to have that much power. Peter is the one who had all the power.
  2. Why couldn't Peter just admit that McCline really caught him with a shot that knocked him down? Instead he says that he slipped. I really appreciate a person who can just admit when they're not perfect. Actually, it would have made him look better to admit that he went down 3x and came back to keep the title. I'm thinking he could have exploited his heart to win. Instead he took away from his win by not acknowledging the fact. Shame on you Peter!
  3. What did Peter mean when he said: "If you don't fall down, you can't stand"? This makes no sense and has nothing to do with getting knocked down!
I did have Peter winning the fight in spite of the knock downs. I was impressed that Peter never stopped coming forward and kept throwing body shots. Without the body shots this could have been a very different fight. I was also impressed that McCline was consistent with every round - jabbing and picking a few good shots. In the end, McCline ran out of gas while contending with his lack of power (but always dangerous), while Peter boxed and kept to his game plan. Peter's power was good and kept on the attack scoring points.

No comments: