Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Contender - Bika vs. McCrary

This week too proved a lack of quality talent. McCrary resembled the Russian, Ivan Drago, from the Rocky IV movie. However; the skill didn't come close to the Russian. McCrary showed little to no defensive skill holding his hands below his chest for most of the fight allowing Bika to tag his head over and over. Of course, Bika wasn't much better with his Contender style wide looping punches. It seemed his uppercuts were still being thrown from Cameroon. How wide can a person throw a punch? Had he straightened his punches and kept the jabs coming, he would have KO'd McCrary (agree?).

I scored the fight 49-46 and the one round I gave to McCrary was truly a gift. I could have went 50 easily.


As much as I talk about the lack of talent, I'm still looking forward to next week.

No comments: