Thursday, October 04, 2007

Samuel Peter vs. Jameel McCline - Saturday, Oct 6th

The first time I saw McCline fight, I thought he was awesome. Can't remember who he fought but it must have been a perfect fight for him. Since that fight I have not been the least bit impressed. He has been beaten by just about every fighter of any worth that he's boxed: Nikolay Valuev (knee injury), Calvin Brock, Chris Byrd, and Wladimir Klitschko. Peter doesn't show too much better.

How 'bout Peter's first fight with James Toney? The announcers termed the fight the "Melee at the Buffet". Peter came in at a whopping 257 lbs and Toney at 233 lbs. Now that's a couple of heavyweights. Their second fight, Peter dropped to 249 lbs and Toney went up a pound at 234 lbs. Couple a big heavy fighter like Peter with an abnormal giant (Hgt: 6'6") like McCline and what do you get? In this case, an awkward fight!

Anyway, Peter or McCline? I say Peter. I like his style better. Maybe he'll pull another crazy move like he did in the first Toney fight and hit McCline in both sides of the head at the same time. Yes, that did cost him a point in the Toney fight! Of course I would love to see a KO; however; that probably won't happen. I predict a boring fight and a decision. Very possibly a split decision in Peter's favor.

No comments: