Friday, September 21, 2007

Jermain Taylor vs Kelly Pavlik - Next Saturday

Are you ready? Will Kelly Pavlik be ready? If I was a betting man, I would bet that Talylor will be!

Pavlik has had a couple of good back to back fights beating both Zertuche and Miranda. The Miranda fight was a great fight with body shots and power shots all mixed in. Pavlik took Miranda out at 1:54 of the 7th - Ref stopped the fight. The 6th round was the best with a huge right hand to put Miranda on the canvas followed by a big left to put him down for the second time in the same round! 46% of all Pavlik's 418 power shots landed. That's just about a guaranteed good fight when half of your power punches land. 51% of his power shots landed in the Zertuche fight. I see some consistency.

Now, what about Taylor? Taylor's last fight was against Cory Spinks. Two of the three judges scored Taylor to win the fight. However; the remaining judge scored the bout at 111-117 for Spinks. I sided with the later judge and gave the fight to Spinks. I scored the fight 113-115 - Spinks! Taylor just didn't look that good and the fight turned boring. Taylor's fight with Ouma wasn't much better. Taylor looked much better than when he fought Spinks and almost won every round, but not an impressive win.

So why do I think Taylor will win? Because he will out class Pavlik. Especially after coming off two fights that were just not very good. Could I be wrong? Sure I could be wrong. If Pavlik is hungry and Taylor comes out of the gates like he has in his last two fights - Pavlik will win.

I predict Taylor's intentions to be very bad and Pavlik to act like a ghost!

No comments: